Screen Print Manager
Amplifier® is a rapidly growing company in Austin, Texas. Located minutes from downtown, we are building a next-generation merchandising platform for the Internet’s most compelling communities. With over 100,000 s.f. at our disposal, Amplifier blends order fulfillment, apparel manufacturing, and personalization, and digital print-on-demand into a single service offering. And while we are strong enough for the Fortune 500, we are made for Internet powerhouses. Our clients include brands like Mythical Entertainment, Alamo, Smosh, Superfoods, and many others.
Amplifier is looking for a Screen Print Manager who will be responsible for running all aspects of the Screen Print Department. Amplifier prides itself in producing high-quality prints delivered on time, and the Screen Print Manager must be able to manage production, ensure that the department produces high-quality output, and drive process improvements to improve the efficiency of the department. This is an important role at Amplifier, and it is a great opportunity for the right person. We print on MHM S Type Xtreme presses and use M&R Direct-to-Screen tech.
- Room for advancement for those who work hard and prove trustworthy
- Opportunities to learn valuable skills, including Screen Printing and Third Party Logistics Systems
- Periodic dinners/movie with the crew at private Alamo Drafthouse parties and more
If you're looking for an opportunity to work hard, to learn new skills, and be given increased responsibility, we'd like to hear from you.
- Implement the production schedule. This includes making realistic forecasts and ensuring that jobs are finished on time.
- Review and adjust the schedule where needed. This may include dynamically allocating resources to respond to shifting priorities.
- Identify, develop and implement new processes and procedures to drive increased productivity and/or reduction in order cycle times.
- Provide leadership and guidance with regard to the craft of screen-printing.
- Manage equipment maintenance and make recommendations with regard to new equipment, upgrades, and/or modifications.
- Communicate effectively with employees and both internal and external customers.
- Develop, collect, and monitor key metrics to track productivity and drive improvements.
- Implement a formal process for assigning and tracking resources.
- Provide performance reviews and a development path for continuous improvement.
- Create a culture that values pride in one’s work and a desire for continuous improvement
- Serve on Amplifier’s safety committee and ensure that safety policies are followed.
- Ensure that Amplifier’s policies are communicated, applied, and enforced.
- Advanced screen-printing skills. This includes the ability to work with a wide variety of fabrics, inks, and machinery. Must understand how different results can be achieved by varying the production process.
- Advanced skills in art separation and screen making. Applicant must have experience color separating halftone and 4-color process designs for dark shirts, using discharge ink as an underbase.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Proficient with Adobe InDesign and one or more spreadsheet applications.
- Experience with Automatic presses
- At least 3 years of management experience in screen-printing or other production operations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with mechanical and artistic aptitudes
- Proven skills in management, team building, and producing positive results.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunities, work independently and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside the organization with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, including team and goal orientation.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude.
- Must be willing and able to gain proficiency in internal Order Management and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Stand and/or walk during shifts between 8 and 12 hours long
- Lift / move up 50 pounds
- Lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch during shifts between 8 and 12 hours long (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Noise level varies and can be loud
- Temperature in warehouse varies between 60 and 95 degrees, and occasionally exceeding 95 degrees
- Working nights, weekends, and/or holidays will sometimes be required
- You may be required to cross-train and work in different areas of the operation.